Nelson Cruz hit his second homer of the game in the 11th inning and drove in seven runs, and the AL East-leading Baltimore Orioles avoided a three-game sweep by beating the Tampa Bay Rays 7-5 on Sunday.
Peyton Manning sure didn't need Wes Welker in this heart-pounding opener. He threw three touchdown passes to tight end Julius Thomas in the first half and the Denver Broncos held on to beat the Indianapolis Colts 31-24 on Sunday night.
posted 2014-09-08 08:17:59 by ESPN.com
The Big 12 Conference has suspended a replay official and replay communicator after a questionable play wasn't reviewed in 19th-ranked Kansas State's 32-28 victory at Iowa State. The conference said Sunday that the one-game suspensions are for a failure to…
posted 2014-09-08 05:57:57 by KXEL
Colin Kaepernick threw two touchdown passes to Vernon Davis, one right after the first of three interceptions by Tony Romo, and the San Francisco 49ers opened the season with a 28-17 win over the sloppy Dallas Cowboys on Sunday.
posted 2014-09-07 23:51:22 by ESPN.com
- Dubuque school officials investigate speeding van
Oct 23 2:24pm
- Central City man charged in theft of ginseng plants
Oct 23 2:23pm
- Amazon to refund Iowa customers over subscription
Oct 23 12:39pm
- Key Iowa regents want 3rd straight tuition freeze
Oct 23 12:11pm
- Tripoli woman dies in single-vehicle crash
Oct 23 12:08pm
- Owners of closed group home in Marion arrested
Oct 23 8:20am